Actually we can now use “wp” command line and following method worked for me.
- Put the desired site.sql file into /app/public/ folder
- Open Site SSH from Local WP (previously flywheel)
- You should be able to use “wp” command line
- Type command –
wp db import site.sql
This used to work before but it is not
This is the exact copy from the flywheel forum community. Link to the original page is below. This is a great answer. Enjoy
In this case I would recommend using MySQL CLI (command line) to get this job done.
Here’s what you can do –
- Move the SQL file into the site’s
/appdirectory (untar it if it’s tar/gzipped)
- Right-click on the site in Local’s sidebar and go to “Open Site SSH”
mysql -u root -proot local < /app/SQLFILENAME.sql(replace SQLFILENAME.sql with the correct name) and then press enter